1. Students are permitted to possess cellular phones and other electronic devices* on campus provided that any such device is “off” and stored in a away, backpack, purse, pocket, or other place where it is not visible. “Vibrate” mode or “silent” mode is not considered “off”. Ear buds and earphones must be out of sight.
2. Students are permitted to use cell phones and electronic devices* on campus only before school, during breaks and after school hours.
3. If school staff/faculty observes or hears such a device, staff/faculty may confiscate it until a parent/guardian redeems it from the Director’s Office on Mondays from 2:00pm to 4:00pm only.
• Second offence of any other device* will have a two (2) week hold and parent/guardian will not be able to pick up such device till then.
• Third offence of any device* will be held until end of the semester.
4. Failure to comply with school staff/faculty requests for cell phones or electronic devices* shall result in further disciplinary action.
5. Photographing, videotaping, or otherwise recording individuals without their permission is strictly prohibited.
6. Students are discouraged from bringing personal items of value (cell phones, iPods, mp3 players, electronic games, radios, CD players, cameras, and computers, etc) to school since loss, theft, or damage is possible. Also, such items are distracting to the educational process and may be confiscated by school personnel.
7. LACPA is not responsible for students’ lost or stolen cell phones and electronic devices*.
*Electronic devices include, but are not limited to iPods, mp3 players, music players, electronic game, toys, pagers, radios, CD players, cameras, Bluetooth earpieces, etc.